How to get your diabetes under control
1. Knowledge is power!
We encourage all our patients with type 2 diabetes to explore and book within the many options available in South London via www.diabetesbooking.co.uk , offering a variety of courses and support programmes including access to personalised health coaching and up to 9 sessions with a dietitian.
2. Attend for regular blood tests
(every 6 months or more often depending on how well controlled your condition is) and annual medical review. We would ask you to complete the online review for Diabetes on our website first: https://newmillstreet.webgp.com/reviews . This will help your clinicians to monitor your condition and prioritise those aspects where more support is needed.
3. Attend the invitations for regular yearly eye checks
4. Take care of your feet and complete the online Diabetes Foot Health Review
5. Eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly.
You can find useful information to guide you here https://www.diabetes.org.uk/professionals/resources/resources-to-improve-your-clinical-practice/information-prescriptions-qa
6. Arrange your free flu vaccination in September
7. Keep taking your medication regularly as agreed with your clinician.
We know how difficult this can be so is important that you feel comfortable with your regime and let your clinician know if you have any concerns or feel you are having side effects.